- Council may limit / prohibit lawn watering using Municipal water in certain extreme circumstances.
- ...for info see Building Inspector Russ CLIFTON Mondays @ Info Booth Front gate of Victoria Beach.
- Bicycles must have bell or warning device, 24 hours.
- Dusk to dawn - must have light.
- $100.00 fine, and/or impound bicycle for 30 days
Noise and general nuisance
- Refers to any loud,unnecessary or unusual noise or any noise that annoys,disturbs,injures, or endangers the comfort repose or health, peace or welfare of others.
- General nuisance regers to weeds, odours, vibrations.
- cannot use horn or signalling device, radio, t.v., musical instrument, loudspeaker, engine or siren. Also refers to yelling, shouting, hooting, whistling and singing...between 11pm and 7am.
- Also included are vehicles making a grating, grinding, or rattling sound or any other excessive noise.... between 11pm to 7am.
- no excavation, construction, power saw, power drill, construction equipment, lawnmower, snowblower.....not transporting of gravel, sand, dirt etc. so as to make a loud noise
- between the hours of 8:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.
- $1,000.00 fine (see #1431 for fine).
UNAUTHORIZED WORK ON R.M. OWNED LAND
- No unauthorized removal, clearing, excavation or alteration of municipal property allowed by other than municipal employees.
- includes dumping of gravel, soil, fill etc.
1st offence - $500.00 fine
2nd offence - $750.00 fine
3rd offence - $1,000.00 fine
- must restore municipal property back to original condition prior to infraction.
- #1396 repealed
- Len TURCOTTE is the animal control officer and he works out of Selkirk,MB.
- call 1-204-482-7270.
- sec 3a-Dogs can not: chase, bark, howl, bite.
- sec 3b-dogs not to run at large.
- sec 4- No more than 3 dogs per household if older than 6 months old ( does not include new litter of pups under 6 months of age ).
- sec 5a - 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. - June 1 st to Labour Day-no dogs on beach.
- sec 5b -dogs on beach when allowed must be on a leash.
- sec 5c - Dog faeces must be removed, not buried.
- Fines from $50.00 to $500.00
- by-laws #1305, #1319, and #1420 are repealed
- Restriction of m.v. in Restricted Area from Thursday, June 23rd to 06:00 on Labour Day.
- note: by-law #1291 refers to the restriction of m.v.'s on the Victoria Day long weekend.
VICTORIA BEACH EMERGENCY PLAN
VICTORIA BEACH PLANNING SCHEME
NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES ON BEACH
- #965 repealed
- at any time of the year
- exception is for boat launching
WILDLIFE FEEDERS / ATTRACTANTS
- Wildlife feeders, including bird feeders, prohibited on private or public property from April 1st to October 31st. (includes seed, suet or hummingbird feeders)
- Wildlife attractants (food, garbage...) to be kept inaccessible to wildlife.
- Fridges and freezers to be placed in an area inaccessible to wildlife.
FIRE PITS / BURNING
- Fire permit required when burning on private property. They are FREE and available from the VB Fire Hall.
- The permit holder accepts all responsibility for the fire in the fire pit.
- Fire pit must meet requirement of having a method of extinguishing the fire within 4 meters of the fire pit ( bucket of water..fire extinguisher..hose attached to water supply).
- Fire is contained within steel, concrete or cinder block fire pit.
- the walls of the fire pit must extend min. of 20 cms. above grade.
- fire pit must be min 4 meters from any building or property lines.
- fire must be attended by a responsible adult.
- the burning of garbage, recyclables, household waste, lawn clippings, leaves or any other materials other than clean combustibles is prohibited.
FIREWORKS / FIREARMS
- by-laws #1301 and #1337 repealed
- sec 3 - no fireworks or pyrotechnical device is allowed anywhere in the RM unless the person has written permission of Council by way of a resolution.
- sec 4 - No store or person in the RM is to sell fireworks/pyrotechnics.
- No fire or burning substance including matches, cigarettes or cigars to be thrown, left or exposed in such a manner as to possibly cause a fire.
- sec 1 - FIREARMS - not allowed to be discharged in R.M. (rifle, gun, revolver, pistol, pellet gun, BB gun or other firearm).
- sec 2 - No slingshots, catapult, or bow and arrow or crossbows can be used anywhere in the RM.
DERELICT VEHICLES ON PRIVATE PROPERTY
- by-law #844 repealed
- sec 1 defines what a derelict vehicle is.
- sec 2 states that no person shall park or leave a derelict vehicle on private property within the RM with or w/o the consent of the owner of the property.
- sec 3- no owner shall permit a derelict vehicle to be parked on his/her private property w/o Council's written approval.
- sec 4- derelict vehicles will be impounded for 14 days and then disposed of where not claimed.
- sec 5- RM shall charge for towing, impound fees, storage and removal for destruction fees.
PUBLIC PROPERTY / ILLEGAL DUMPING / CAMPING / OPEN FIRES
- by-law # 1493 and 1471 repealed
- sec 1-Use or disposal of glass containers on public property including beaches prohibited.
- sec 2- Disposal of any container, paper, household garbage, leaves, brush, appliances, furniture, or any other refuse on public property or beach within the RM is prohibited.
- sec 3- Brush piles are for deadfall only. Leaves are to be bagged and are allowed only from
May 1 st to June 15th and Sept. 8th to Oct.20th only.
- sec 4- bagged household garbage ONLY in Municipal garbage enclosures.
- sec 5- Municipal garbage enclosures are for VB taxpayers ONLY.
- sec 6- NO tents allowed on any public property or beaches.
- sec 7- no open fires on public property or beaches. Council may issue a fire permit for special occasions upon written request.
- #1483 and 1377 repealed
- sec 1c- this by-law refers to ATV's and motorcycles only, not to snowmobiles.
- sec 2 - no person shall operate an ORV on public land within the territorial limits of the municipality.
- Off-road vehicles never allowed on golf course.
- 50 kph max. speed allowed.
- Peace Officer may detain an ORV where an offence has been committed.
Registration and Insurance
- Operator MUST carry reg. card when operating an ORV.
- Must be 16 yrs old to register ORV.
- Parents to sign if between 16 and 18 yrs of age.
- ORV must have a current license plate displayed.
- Under 14 yrs of age must be supervised and within clear view at all times of either a parent or person 18 yrs or older who is supervising.
- Helmets required unless ORV has rollover protection AND seat belts that are in use. Helmets are to be CSA approved.
- Helmet excemptions: farmers...commercial fishermen...hunters and trappers when engaged in their respective occupations....Manitoba Hydro staff
- Operating an ORV on road or shoulder of road is prohibited.
- Must cross roadway one at a time and within 5 meters of the intersection.
- When crossing, ORV must come to a complete stop and yield to vehicles and pedestrians.
- If intersections are less than 3 kms apart, cross anywhere with a clear view ( not on corners where vision is obscured).
- ORV permitted in ditch, same direction as the flow of traffic.
- Vehicles registerable under the HTA not allowed in ditch.
Use on private land
- need permission of the land owner.
- must be reported within 7 days in cases where there is injury , death or damage that exceeds $1,000.00.